Sunday 17 February 2013

Alice's Profile

Since leaving school I have been working full time at The Scottish Children's Reporter Administration and saving for four months of travelling. I am spending two months volunteering as a Jabulani Warrior. I was keen and excited to get involved in the project as I have only ever heard great things about it from Gillespie's friends. 
So far I have loved all aspects of the project. The kids at YMCA are so fun and energetic, last week we couldn't get out the door for swarms of kids wanting one last cuddle. I also really appreciate spending time and hearing the stories of the young boys at Sisco, we can see them slowly but surely becoming more comfortable and confident around us. My mum was born in Eshowe- a town North of Durban, so South Africa is a place I have wanted to discover for myself for a long time - two weeks in and I am already adamant on returning!
Catherine and I will leave Durban at the end of March to spend two months travelling through South East Asia. When I return, I have a place at Glasgow university to study psychology.

No comments:

Post a Comment