Sunday 24 February 2013

Christine's Post


In my ten days here I have been involved in a huge variety if activity.  This includes working with school principals on school improvement, helping with the setting up of the literacy group for boys not in school, helping sorting out issues for individuals, for example finding school placement, and visiting schools with a view to doing some further work with them in the future.  I find the work varied and interesting.  The inequalities with the country are quite overwhelming, in particular the lack social services and help for people, including children.  I am enjoying so much meeting people who are trying to make a difference here.  I am also really enjoying the company of my fellow volunteers, my housemates, the other “grown-ups” and the young volunteers from Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment